Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Obama’s Plea to Flood Congress With Calls Backfires in One Member’s Office


“Rep. James Lankford (R-OK) said his office is fielding significantly more phone calls today following President Obama’s prime-time plea last night. But many constituents are relaying the opposite message from what Obama asked them to deliver on the debt-limit debate.
‘My phone started lighting up last night. Both Twitter, Facebook, texting, people calling me even last night during the speech. It was a reverse effect from what I think he assumed. They’ve been flooded with people contacting me, saying, ‘Stand your ground. Don’t do his plan.’
Now, we’ve had plenty of contact the other way as well. But we’ve had plenty of folks who have seen that and said, ‘Oh, no, I’ll contact you. But I’ll contact you and say, work toward real solutions…’”

All posts cross-posted on PUMABydesign001's Blog