- ...AARP earns more profit the higher premiums rise on seniors in Medigap plans, charging a “royalty fee” of 4.95% of every premium dollar paid by seniors on these plans.
- In 2011, AARP failed to disclose to its senior membership that it lobbied Congress to oppose Medigap reform, legislation that could lower senior premiums by as much as 60%, and save seniors $415 per year on average.
- AARP could lose as much as $1.8 billion in revenue over ten years if Medigap reforms pass and successfully lower senior premiums.
- Documents show close coordination between Obama Administration and AARP, including efforts to deceive the public. In November 2009, a senior AARP executive wrote to the White House saying 'we will try to keep a little space between us' on health care – because AARP’s 'polling shows we are more influential when we are seen as independent, so we want to reinforce that positioning….The larger issue is how best to serve the cause....'"
- FAIR USE NOTICE
- HUBRIS, LIES AND DECEPTION (September 11 Attacks - Benghazi, Libya) (SECOND UPDATE 10/30/2012 A.M.)
- DERELICTION OF DUTY: OBAMA DID NOTHING TO SAVE AMERICAN LIVES IN BENGHAZI--AND LIED ABOUT IT
- BENGHAZI: THE TRUTH BEHIND THE SMOKE SCREEN. Bret Baier (Fox News) Special Report 06282013
Friday, October 5, 2012
AARP Desperate to Distance Itself from the Stench of Obama, Obamacare and the Debate
It is no surprise that Obama and Obamacare are toxic to AARP. After all, AARP, Obama and Progressive politicians are guilty of deceiving and betraying seniors when by shoving Obamacare down the throats of Americans. Obamacare although not yet in full effect is fast becoming a nightmare for seniors.
"...The report includes new research showing how AARP would lose billions of dollars if Obamacare is repealed or Medigap reforms are passed. AARP secretly lobbied against bipartisan Medigap reform during last year’s debt supercommittee negotiations, which would have lowered costs on seniors but lowered AARP’s profits by $1.8 billion, while hiding that information from their members. The report also explores the group’s ties to the Obama Administration and Democrat Party. It details the numerous mandate exemptions in Obamacare that Medigap insurance received, a market AARP happens to dominate. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has also repeatedly shielded AARP from new health insurance regulations and government oversight....
All posts cross-posted on PUMABydesign001's Blog