- FAIR USE NOTICE
- HUBRIS, LIES AND DECEPTION (September 11 Attacks - Benghazi, Libya) (SECOND UPDATE 10/30/2012 A.M.)
- DERELICTION OF DUTY: OBAMA DID NOTHING TO SAVE AMERICAN LIVES IN BENGHAZI--AND LIED ABOUT IT
- BENGHAZI: THE TRUTH BEHIND THE SMOKE SCREEN. Bret Baier (Fox News) Special Report 06282013
Sunday, April 28, 2013
How Medicaid & Obamacare Hurt the Poor - and How to Fix Them
“As Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion is being debated in the states, many myths are being perpetuated by its advocates. Here, Heritage provides the research to debunk such myths:
1. Myth: Expanding Medicaid is “free money” for the states.
Reality: The expansion adds an estimated $638 billion in new government spending from 2013–2023. New spending at the federal or state level is reckless in light of the country’s trillion dollar budget deficits and over $16 trillion in national debt. As Governor Rick Perry (R–TX) stated, “[T]here is no such thing as ‘free’ money. We know there’s only money that’s collected from taxpayers, and money borrowed from other countries like China against the good credit of our children and grandchildren.”
2. Myth: Expanding Medicaid will entail little to no costs to the states.
Reality: Within three years, costs would exceed any projected savings. Heritage research shows 40 of 50 states would see increases in costs due the Medicaid expansion. If all states expand, state spending on Medicaid would increase by an estimated $41 billion by 2022....”
Ironic isn’t it that this catastrophic piece of legislation and fleecing of the American taxpayer will do nothing for those Progressives claimed it would help.
All posts cross-posted on PUMABydesign001's Blog