Wednesday, July 3, 2013

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics. Go figure.




Reblogged from Fellowship of the Minds.
“…Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.
Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans….”

I thought about feigning surprise or ignorance but doing so would be less than forthcoming and I no longer play those games.
Being an unhyphenated American living in NYC, I have more conversations than I care to that end up on some racist plane.
In the past two days, I have had about three conversations, correction four, one on Facebook that referenced the Zimmerman v Martin trial.
One of the friends that my niece friended put up a poster that included about 20 photos of young black men and women, whom I assumed were killed by law enforcement.
This individual failed to include of other ethnicities that perished at the hands of law enforcement and failed to provide the history surrounding the deaths of the individuals on the poster.
I left a comment under the photo asking if she and other Blacks were so outraged over the police state why didn’t they challenge Obama’s NDAA legislation.  That was about 30 hours ago and so far, no response from anyone.
Another conversation was with a neighbor about whom I have written from time to time.  This woman is a retired school teacher with a Masters Degree in whatever (can’t recall).  She swears by the union, yada, yada, yada and thinks Obama walks on water.
Well, in two weeks, she’ll be moving to Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania and excited about her move she called this morning and made the following comment.  “Oh I can’t wait to move into my new home but when I get there if some white lady says something to me, I hope I don’t have to kick her a***! ”
Excuse me?  What the hell is that?  And I told her just the same.  Her response was, There’s so many white people there.”
My exact words to this racist dingbat was “then you shouldn’t move there if you’re not comfortable and besides when we moved here 35 years ago, we were the only Black people on the block and we dealt  with it.
Another thing girl, you need get your mind and stop thinking like.  I have been telling you for years that we have been trained for five decades to see racism where there is none. 
You are moving to Stroudsburg.  Find out what your neighbors are about.  Listen to them, hear what they are saying and don’t see racism everywhere.”
Dingbat’s next remark, “They got the Klan up there.  The leader of the Klan lives up there.”  My response, “Well then you should be fine because the Klan is Democrat.”
Dingbat:  “Democrat?  We were told that the Klan was Republican.”
Unhyphenated American to Dingbat:  “Yes we were.  For fifty years plus we were told such lies and worse.  It’s called Progressive revisionist history.”
Will she remember this conversation…..NO! Because it’s too easy to remember the lies.  When one has been brainwashed 9/10ths of their life, unless one makes a concerted effort to think out of the box, nothing sticks.  That, of course, is no excuse because there is always a choice that one can make as I did, to walk away from the plantation.
Furthermore, it would never occur to the woman on Facebook or my neighbor upstairs that they are racists.
Even had a conversation with my cab driver this afternoon who argued with me on the facts in the Zimmerman/Martin trial and he like so many Blacks feel that Zimmerman should be found guilty because he killed a Black person.  The facts, the rule of law and the judge’s charge to the jury means nothing.
Finally, I said to my cab driver, “I’m tired of talking to you people.”
I am picking up that Blacks are already lining up to call the verdict of the trial “racist” because I keep getting funny looks and questions about the jury just don’t tell them they’re racist.







All posts cross-posted on PUMABydesign001's Blog