...US-Saudi covert action in the Syrian civil war picked up just as Obama balked in the face of public outrage and just before the announcement that an agreement had been reached to dismantle Bashar al-Assad’s chemical weapons arsenal....
...Track one – direct US military intervention – has been effectively derailed, at least for the moment; however, this just means track two – a years-long effort to build up Syrian opposition forces – has been accelerated. The much-vaunted 'moderate' rebel forces are getting $250 million in aid, including 'light' weapons and ammunition, as well as 'management' training in local governance. The idea is to focus on communities where al-Nusra, the Al Qaeda affiliate in Syria, is strong, so as to buttress supposedly 'emerging moderate leaders.''
That’s the theory: the practice, however, is quite another matter...Continue reading
- Obama and Putin: Co-Dependent on Syria (lobelog.com)
- Dennis Kucinich to Interview Syria President Bashar al-Assad: Reports (theepochtimes.com)
- Saudi urges world action on Syria (vanguardngr.com)
- Syrian Chemicals? America may have a bigger problem than we imagined (grumpyelder.com)
- Released Italian journalist recounts crimes of US-backed Syrian opposition (counterinformation.wordpress.com)
- Yes, we can: Obama waives anti-terrorism provisions to arm Syrian rebels (rinf.com)
- MORE Obama INSANITY: "Al-Qaeda Just Wants to Live in Peace" (thelastgreatstand.com)
- Defense Analyst Report: Al-Qaeda-Type, Jihadists Make Up Half of Syrian Rebels (thestateweekly.com)
- Syrian Conflict CIA at the Service of Insurgents... (yallasouriya.wordpress.com)